this horse ate my icecream
- If you are HIV-negative, PEP and PrEP can help you stay that way.
- If you are HIV-positive, PEP and PrEP can help protect your partners.
PrEP is a daily pill that can help keep you HIV-negative as long as you take it every day.
- Ask your doctor if PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis) may be right for you.
- Condoms give you additional protection against HIV, other sexually transmitted infections, and unintended pregnancy.
If you are HIV-negative and think you were exposed to HIV, immediately go to a clinic or emergency room and ask for PEP (Post-exposure Prophylaxis).
- PEP can stop HIV if started within 36 hours of exposure.
- You continue taking PEP for 28 days.
Many insurance plans including Medicaid cover PEP and PrEP. Assistance may be available if you are uninsured. Visit NYC Health’s website to find out where to get PrEP or PEP in New York City.
This is such a giant step that barely any people know about it seems, so amazing to see progress in the treatment of HIV
I honestly thought this might be exaggeration but the CDC says that PrEP is 92% effective. Damn. Damn.
reblogging because this deserves waaaay more attention D:
She looked perfectly into the camera
she looked perfectly into eternity u mean
- sleep: what is the most comforting thing at night time for you?
- visitor: what creature visits your dreams most often?
- chimes: what sounds are your favorite?
- times: when do you normally awaken?
- marking: describe your tattoos,or tattoos you would like in the future?
- reverie: think of somewhere otherworldly u wish to be within, what is it like there?
- warmth: what do you find most charming in others?
- treat: your favorite sweets ?
- nestle: your most precious plush toy?
- posy: your favorite herbs?
- stories: books you remember from your childhood?
- folk: who is the most fantastical being u have known?
- elder: what do u expect to be like in your elder years?
- home: in what type of environment do you feel most safe?
- finds: what kind of item would you most likely buy from an antique store?
- offering: how do you show others you are fond of them?
- lore: if your life were a tale, how do u expect it would end??
The raven is sometimes known as “the wolf-bird.” Ravens, like many other animals, scavenge at wolf kills, but there’s more to it than that.
Both wolves and ravens have the ability to form social attachments and they seem to have evolved over many years to form these attachments with each other, to both species’ benefit.
There are a couple of theories as to why wolves and ravens end up at the same carcasses. One is that because ravens can fly, they are better at finding carcasses than wolves are. But they can’t get to the food once they get there, because they can’t open up the carcass. So they’ll make a lot of noise, and then wolves will come and use their sharp teeth and strong jaws to make the food accessible not just to themselves, but also to the ravens.
Ravens have also been observed circling a sick elk or moose and calling out, possibly alerting wolves to an easy kill. The other theory is that ravens respond to the howls of wolves preparing to hunt (and, for that matter, to human hunters shooting guns). They find out where the wolves are going and following. Both theories may be correct.
Wolves and ravens also play. A raven will sneak up behind a wolf and yank its tail and the wolf will play back. Ravens sometimes respond to wolf howls with calls of their own, resulting in a concert of howls and calls.
Sources: Mind of the Raven, Bernd Heinrich, The American Crow and the Common Raven, Lawrence Kilham
Can you fucking imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a forest when wolves start howling in the trees around a you and ravens start calling in the branches above. Jesus fuck!
Dachshunds can’t wait to take a bath
*hysterical crying and screaming*
me, if I played the guitar
um I have left my bathroom door open while showering multiple times and my dad hasn’t tried to fuck me yet, why does porn lie to me like this
our hands fit, at least for awhile
i miss the face
i miss the taste